When Your Parent Moves In
You probaby never thought you'd be living with your parents again. However, if you are like millions of other adults with aging parents who can't afford assisted living, you need an alternate plan. Inviting an elderly parent to move in is a big decision that can affect every aspect of your family's life. This straightforward, supportive guide will walk you through the decisions and planning necessary to make it work, including how to:
- weigh the pros and cons of having your aging parent move in
- manage and protect your parent's assets
- create a seamless transition
- look ahead at possible pitfalls and how to avoid them
- maintain a new family dynamic without sacrificing your marriage
With personal stories, case studies, and expert quotes, When Your Parent Moves In offers you skills and strategies for an easy and harmonious living arrangement.